"It doesn't quite feel right, right now.": Chris Evans On MCU return





Marvel hero Chris Evans believes it's still too early for a Steve Rogers return to the big screen. 

Following 11 movies as the supersoldier with a star-spangled shield, Evans bowed out of the MCU four years ago in Avengers: Endgame, with Sam Wilson/Falcon officially taking on the mantle of Cap. 

That hasn't stopped rumours floating about, though, and the actor decided to quash them at the recent 2023 Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo. "It's tough, because look, I love that role deeply," he told attendees (via ComicBook). "I think there's more Steve Rogers stories [to] tell, sure. But at the same time, I'm very, very precious with it.


I'd become, you know... it's like this little shiny thing that I have that I love so much, and I just don't want to mess up in any way, and I was a part of something that was so special for the special period of time and in a way, it really landed so well. "As much as I'm connected to that role and love telling those stories and working with those people.


 It doesn't quite feel right, right now." Captain America: New World Order producer Nate Moore previously discussed the refreshing qualities of Sam's Cap. "He's not Steve Rogers and I think that's a good thing. Because to me, this new Cap is Rocky. He's going to be the underdog in any situation. He's not a super soldier.

He's not 100 years old. He doesn't have the Avengers. "What happens with this guy who announces publicly kind of, without the support, 'I'm the new Captain America.' What happens next?" Moore pondered. "He's a guy with wings and a shield, but he is a guy. So, we're going to put him through the wringer and make him earn it, and see what happens when he is outweighed, outclassed, out-everything."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You've made it to the Hood": Patrick Mahomes congratulates Travis Kelce on proposing to pregnant girlfriend Kayla Nicole

King Charles' spare learning he's only got one real family

Prince Harry's heartbreak on Father's Day as distance grows with King Charles