Details As Coco Gauff Rolls Past Vondrousova, soars into Montreal quarterfinals




The American, champion in Washington, D.C. last week, rolled past Wimbledon champion Marketa Vondrouova 6-3, 6-0 in the third round of the Omnium Banque Nationale on Thursday night for her sixth straight victory.


Gauff wrapped up a 62-minute win at nearly 10:30 p.m. local time, more than seven hours after the match was scheduled to be played as a result of rain for much of the day in Montreal. around] all day, I think we were just ready to go out there and play," Gauff said afterwards.


"I wasn't expecting the scoreline to be what it was. She's been playing some great tennis lately, coming off of a Slam win, so I'm super happy with how I was able to manage today.

"We were supposed to be on a bigger court, playing the reigning Wimbledon champion ... I think the energy of the match was a little bit mellow, but no matter what court I'm on, I'm going to fight and try my best." 


The pair have split two meeting this year: Pegula was a straight-sets winner in Dubai, and Gauff did the same in Eastbourne. "Jess is not an easy opponent," Gauff said. "I know her very well, last time I was able to come through with th straight-set win, but I don't think it'll be easy."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You've made it to the Hood": Patrick Mahomes congratulates Travis Kelce on proposing to pregnant girlfriend Kayla Nicole

Here are 15 pictures of Serena Williams that will dazzle you

Celebrating 44 years of marriage, Andy Reid shared joyous news with his wife Tammy while on a night date